Being an Outlook user, you can manage Outlook Data Items such as Emails, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks and Journals in a very managed way. One of the important feature that makes Outlook more reliable, is to add a Professional Signature in email. A well professional signature specifies a short introduction of your profession. It basically contains your name, designation, company name, company icon, and sometimes a link of your website. But apart from this, you can also add a Social Media icon like, Facebook, Twitter, etc. in your email signature. Here I’ll let you know the step by step procedure that will help you to link your Social Media Page through their icon in the Outlook signature.
Step 1: Download/Create a Social Media Icon of your Social Network Site
To download the icon, like for Facebook, write Facebook icon in the Google Search engine, right click the icon and choose Save image as… option. Similarly you can download the icon for all the social network website that you want to add.
Step 2: Link the icon in Outlook Signature
To link the media icon to your Outlook mail signature, there are two methods as shown as following:Method 1: Add icon to an existing Signature.
Method 2: Adding icon by creating a new Signature.
Method 1: Steps to add icon to an existing Signature
- After you’ve downloaded the icon, open your Outlook email client >> click on File >> click on Options >> click on Mail >> click on Signatures.
- Select one of the existing signature, in which you want to include the Social Network icon.
- Now to insert the icon in the signature, in the Edit signature section, click on “Insert image” button (See the screen shot).
- Next it will ask to insert the picture, select the downloaded media icon and click on Insert. For reference see the icon of Facebook that I’ve inserted in the screen-shot.
- Now select the icon by clicking your mouse on it >> click on “Insert link” button.
- Enter the URL address of your social site page to link the icon with the required page >> now click on OK button to save the changes.
Method 2: Adding icon by creating a new Signature
- Go to File section in Outlook >> click Options >> and click on Mail >> click on Signatures.
- Click on New >> type a name for the signature and click OK (for example I’ve named a newly created signature as “Signature with Social Media Icon”).
- After entering all the detail in Edit signature, click on OK >> now you’ll see a new signature by name “Signature with Social Media Icon” is added in the signature list.
- Now you’ve created a new signature and you need to add an icon of your preferred social network site. To do that continue with the same steps described in Method 1.
After icon is added, continue with Step 3.
Step 3: Use signature in Outlook email after icon is added
- Start your Outlook and compose a new email >> click on Insert.
- In the Include section, click on Signature icon >> then click to insert the signature, in which you’ve just added the social media icon.
After adding the social media icon in your email signature, when you’ll send an email to any recipients. They will be able to see your social network page easily. You can also add multiple social account site icons by just following the above steps.